About this Treatment
QWO Cellulite Treatment
The Cellulite Treatment Program at EVOLV utilizes QWO, the first and only FDA approved, and research based non-surgical injectable to treat moderate and severe cellulite.
QWO is an injectable prescription medication that has been clinically proven in over 1800 patients to reduce the bands and fibers safely and directly under the skin that is primarily responsible for the cellulite appearance. The EVOLV Cellulite Program comprises 3 QWO injections in a series along with other non-invasive therapeutic options (including but not limited to EmsculptNEO, Skin Tyte, and Cellutone) that provide a comprehensive program for long term reduction of cellulite and more youthful and improved skin and body contour.
QWO Cellulite Treatment
What It Is
EVOLV Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics is excited to be chosen as the first medical practice in the Northwest Ohio area and one of the few selected sites in the country to offer QWO cellulite treatment for long-term reduction of moderate-to-severe cellulite.
Cellulite is a very common problem affecting over 90% of adult females and rarely in males. Cellulite results from herniation or protrusion of fat under the skin (subcutaneous fat) within the connective tissue and fibrous bands of compartments under the skin. Cellulite may result from a variety of factors including genetics, hormonal, and lifestyle conditions. A significant challenge is the fact that cellulite is a multifactorial condition and is influenced by many factors including the architecture of the skin in females, as well as the quality or health of the overlying skin and the amount and protrusion of the fat immediately below skin surface. Despite the many claims, utilizing topical creams, massage, and other non-surgical energy-based treatments such as CoolSculpting or lasers, none of the non-surgical options have proven to have consistent or long-term benefit in reducing the appearance of cellulite…. until now!
What It Treats
Moderate and severe cellulite in the buttocks and thighs in adult females
- The QWO Cellulite Treatment consists of an initial evaluation, history and physical examination, and photo documentation averaging approximately 30 minutes.
- The QWO cellulite treatment consist of a series of 3 injections taking approximately 20-30 minutes about 3 weeks apart.
- Although there may be occasional patients with only minimal cellulite that will respond well to one or two injections, most women in clinical studies obtained the best results in cellulite reduction with a series of three separate treatments.
- The most significant issue after QWO injections is bruising in the treatment area which typically last for several or more days. Bruising can be reduced by ice compresses, proven oral and topical medical skin care products and broad band light (BBL) therapy available at EVOLV. Depending on the area and extent treated, some tenderness may be felt after the treatment and up until 48-72 hours but is typically mild. As with any medication, potential allergic reactions are possible but are extremely rare.
- The QWO injections consist of placing a small amount of product directly into the cellulite dimple with a very fine, small gauge needle. Most patients do not find this uncomfortable, and the treatment is tolerated quite well and without any topical anesthetic or pain medication, although these options are available at patient request.
- Long term reduction in the appearance of cellulite of the buttocks and thighs A series of 3 QWO injections in most female patients provides significant and long-term improvement in cellulite appearance
- Overall improvement in skin and body contour QWO injections work to release bands tethering the skin, stimulates new collagen, and acts to reorganize compartmentalized fat resulting in overall improvement. Combining proven options such as Cellutone (acoustic wave therapy), Exilis Ultra, EMSCULPT NEO, and personalized medical skin care therapy can provide a more comprehensive and effective improvement in skin and body contour after QWO treatments.
How QWO Cellulite Treatment Works
Consultation and evaluation. EVOLV believes that safe and effective results require a comprehensive evaluation and examination for each patient as well as a thorough discussion of goals and concerns. We also believe that healthy lifestyle and optimal skin health will significantly contribute to the best and most long-lasting outcomes for any aesthetic treatment. A general medical history and evaluation, confidential photo documentation and discussion of concerns will be done for all patients interested in cellulite treatment with QWO as well as other therapeutic options. Treatment details, costs, and instructions on what to expect will also be provided in advance.
Most patients can receive their first treatment injection on their first visit if desired. The actual injection treatment time is typically less than 30 minutes.
Patients can resume normal activity immediately after injection but are advised to limit any strenuous movements such as exercise for 24 hours to limit injection associated bruising.
Follow-up appointments for completing the 3-treatment schedule and for post-treatment photos will be scheduled in advance and complete instructions given on skincare and other treatment options to improve results.
What Our Patients Are Saying
The office staff and physician are always professional, polite, kind, and helpful. They take their time with patients and answer questions – I never feel rushed or as if I am just another patient/number. They reassure and help me understand things even when my body isn’t cooperating with healing. Positive experience every time! Cellutone is softening my scar tissue.
I was so happy to finally find someone that would accept the challenge I presented. Heavy radiation caused massive scarring and disfigurement. I did not expect too much, considering what was left to work with. Dr. Barone did a wonderful job, far exceeding my hopes.
Wonderful staff and an awesome experience, I would recommend highly.
Exceptional and professional service. Very friendly staff! Took time as much as I needed and answer all my questions. I felt very comfortable with the procedure and follow up. Definitely coming back!
I have had nothing but exceptional results from eVolv Plastic Surgery. Best team of professionals out there for all your cosmetic needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
At EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics, we believe that a highly educated and experienced physician or provider is paramount in providing safe and consistent treatments to our patients.
That is why we promote ongoing education and are committed to completing in-depth training on each treatment and injectable product to ensure safe and effective application and outcomes.