About this Treatment
We customize each treatment plan to suit skin type and cosmetic goals.
At EVOLV, we offer Broadband Light (BBL™) state-of-the-art light technology that can reduce or eliminate excess blood vessels and pigmentation (‘age spots’) from sun damage, rejuvenate collagen and more youthful skin (Forever Young BBL™) and also reduce acne inflammation (Forever Clear BBL™).
What It Is
BroadBand Light, or BBL™, effectively treats brown spots, facial veins, and many other conditions. BBL™ delivers focused light energy that quickly heats the upper layers of your skin. It is then absorbed, increasing collagen production to restore skin to its naturally beautiful tone, rejuvenating a smoother, younger-looking complexion and reducing signs of sun damage, and acne inflammation.
What It Treats
General Signs of Aging
Small Blood Vessels
Facial Veins and Excess Blood Vessels
Loss of Skin Firmness
Uneven Skin Texture
Freckles and Age Spots
- 60 minutes/area dependent
- 0-7 days for the face, 7-14 days for the body
- Pigment darkens
- Scabbing and peeling
- Topical anesthetic recommended, skin types V - VI need specific skin preparation
- Most Powerful Device of its Kind BBL™ is the world’s most powerful Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) device, setting the industry standard and is FDA approved and clinically proven.
- Treats Multiple Skin Conditions Its broad range of wavelengths allows providers to treat a multitude of skin conditions with the use of one device as well as general photo aging.
- Consistent Results Precise energy is pulse delivered uniformly, eliminating hot or cold spots for consistent treatments and predictable outcomes with excellent safety.
- CoolComfort Technology BBL™ utilizes CoolComfort technology to improve comfort and performance during long procedures and increase patient comfort.
How Photofacial Works
During your BBL™ Phototherapy skin rejuvenating treatment, your eyes will be protected with laser goggles, and a topical anesthetic cream may be used to improve your comfort, if needed.
As your skin absorbs the light energy, you may feel a short, warm “rubber band snap” feeling on your skin’s surface. Procedure time will vary depending on the size and amount of areas needing treatment. BBL™ Phototherapy is a very tolerable treatment, and very safe for those patients with a variety of skin types and conditions.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Dr. Barone and his team explained everything and responded immediately to my questions and concerns. My complexion looks 100% better than it did.
From start to finish, I couldn’t be happier. The staff and Dr. Barone are incredibly caring, their willingness to make you feel comfortable, knowledgeable about procedure and so much more! I will never go anywhere else!
The Rosacea and brown “age” spots are gone giving my face a clean youthful appearance. [Single best thing is…] The confidence that I gained with a youthful appearance, being 67 yrs old !
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
At EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics, we believe that a highly educated and experienced physician or provider is paramount in providing safe and consistent treatments to our patients.
That is why we promote ongoing education and are committed to completing in-depth training on each treatment and injectable product to ensure safe and effective application and outcomes.