About this Treatment
Elevate your skin’s appearance with Dermaplaning, offered at Evolv Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics in Toledo, Ohio. Our highly skilled medical professionals proficiently administer the Dermaplaning technique, which delicately and effectively exfoliates the skin’s top layer.
This encourages regeneration with healthy skin cells and a youthful, radiant glow. Dermaplaning aids in absorbing topical products for improved outcomes and is an excellent complement to other treatments. Opt for Dermaplaning and give your skin the rejuvenating treatment it deserves and a flawless, fresh look!
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation technique designed for all skin types to remove aged or damaged skin cells and fine hairs or “peach fuzz” from the face. It helps improve dry, sun-damaged skin. This procedure is performed with a surgical-grade blade, resulting in smoother, brighter skin with no pain or downtime.
- The procedure takes 30 minutes to complete.
- There is no downtime with Dermaplaning; you may resume normal activities right after the procedure.
- A topical anesthetic cream may be applied.
What It Treats
- Dermaplaning is an exfoliating treatment that addresses dull, aged skin, fine hair and texture. It smoothens the skin and eliminates trapped dirt, oil, or makeup as well as dead skin cells, thereby minimizing blocked pores.
- Dermaplaning is a cosmetic skin treatment that provides a myriad of benefits. It effectively increases cellular turnover, removes dead skin cells, and brightens skin luminosity. One of the key benefits of this treatment is that it helps makeup to be applied flawlessly. Dermaplaning achieves this by removing fine hairs and dead skin cells, to create a smooth and even finish. It is also safe and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin, and is even safe for pregnant and nursing women. Dermaplaning in Toledo can be used alone, or to enhance the efficacy of other products.
Before, During, and After Dermaplaning
During our complimentary consultation, our skilled practitioners in Toledo will address your concerns and answer your inquiries to ensure that goals are met, your expectations are exceeded, and your innate beauty is enhanced. Before your treatment, a highly skilled dermaplaning specialist will discuss your goals and provide further insight into how Dermaplalning can assist you.
Before The Procedure
Before undergoing a dermaplaning procedure, to ensure optimal results, avoid using any exfoliating products at least 72 hours before the procedure. Also, avoid sun exposure or tanning beds for at least two weeks before the treatment. Active breakouts should also be avoided, as the procedure may cause further irritation and inflammation. Inform your esthetician of any medication you may be taking that could affect your skin’s sensitivity, such as acne medication.
During The Procedure
This procedure is performed with the use of a surgical scalpel blade that is gently scraped along the skin’s surface at a 45-degree angle. The blade is used to carefully remove the accumulated dead skin cells and facial hair, leaving the skin renewed, smooth and soft. Dermaplaning does not leave scar marks or bruises on the skin, making it a popular choice for people looking for a quick and effective treatment that can give them an instant glow.
After The Procedure
Almost all dermaplaning sessions are full-face treatments, meaning the entire surface of the face is exfoliated. After the procedure, the skin may appear slightly red or sensitive, but this should subside within a few hours. It’s critical to avoid any sun exposure and apply recommended post-treatment skincare products to maintain the skin’s newfound smoothness and radiance.
What Our Patients Are Saying
The dermaplane always makes my skin feel so smooth. I had the monthly special that included a light peel. Amy always goes above and beyond to make you feel pampered. Love her!!
Nicole is wonderful. She is such a professional. She always updates me as she performs any procedure on how it will help meet my expectations. She also tells me if or when she notices changes or issues that may be developing on my skin. I LOVE the way my face feels and looks for several days after the procedure(s).
Very pleasant Aesthetician, Brittany; she was gentle and took her time. All of the Aestheticians are very nice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics values the significance of a highly-educated and experienced physician or provider in the administration of safe cosmetic treatments. Therefore, our team commits to ongoing education and rigorous training on every treatment and injectable to ensure optimal, effective results.