About this Treatment
MOXI™ Laser Treatment
The MOXI™ laser treatment in Toledo by Sciton, the world’s leading and most innovative laser and light therapy medical company, utilizes a gentler approach for a state-of-the-art, minimal to no-downtime skin rejuvenation treatment that can benefit any patient.
The MOXI™ revitalizes skin using a proprietary ’non-ablative’ (no open wounds of the skin) technique to revitalize skin and correct the early signs of sun damage and aging. The MOXI™ laser treatment can benefit any skin type or color and can be given in any season of the year, unlike most traditional laser treatments. A MOXI™ treatment series and maintenance program is recommended for optimal results.
MOXI™ Laser Treatment
What It Is
The Sciton MOXI™ is a new and research proven, unique skin revitalization laser that is ‘non-ablative’ meaning that it does not create open wounds on the skin surface like traditional ‘ablative’ lasers. The result and benefit are a more comfortable and gentle treatment in less time and with the significant advantages of a minimal or no-downtime and less cost. Recently developed after extensive research and clinical testing, the MOXI™ was designed for active patients looking to reverse the initial signs of aging and sun damage as well as more proactively to ‘prejuvenate’ the skin by preventing or reversing the early signs of skin aging. Regular MOXI™ treatments have the additional benefit of reducing precancerous skin lesions, correcting uneven and excessive pigmentation while simultaneously improving skin texture and tone.
What It Treats
Reduces and corrects the early signs of aging in the skin on the face, neck, chest, hands, and body
Reverses excessive pigmentation or ‘sunspots’
Gently revitalizes and refreshes the skin
Improves skin texture, tone, and softness
Reduces precancerous skin lesions which can lower skin cancer risk from sun damage
- One of the many significant advantages of the Sciton MOXI™ treatment is comfort and a reduced treatment time, usually less than 30 minutes of the entire face.
- Another significant benefit of the MOXI™ over traditional laser treatments is minimal to no downtime. Some skin redness and slight swelling is usually experienced immediately after treatment but typically resolves in several days. Makeup can be utilized usually on the day after or 24 hours post-treatment.
- Although some patients may choose to not use any anesthetic cream for lighter MOXI™ treatments, EVOLV recommends using a topical ‘numbing’ cream before treatment for optimal comfort during the MOXI™ skin rejuvenation treatments.
- Younger and softer skin MOXI’s™ gentle rejuvenation technology is unique and clinically proven to reduce the signs of aging and result in more youthful skin.
- Reduction and improvement in excessive skin pigmentation The MOXI™ laser wavelength targets ’sunspots’ or hyperpigmentation resulting in more even and younger skin tone
- Prevents or 'prejuvenates' early signs of skin againg The comprehensive or global benefits for the skin from MOXI™ therapy results in reversing the signs of aging and improving skin health
- Reduces precancerous sun induced skin lesions which may lower skin cancer risk The unique MOXI™ laser wavelength targets precancerous skin lesions know as ‘actinic keratoses’ which has been proven in clinical studies to lower the risk of non-melanoma skin cancers caused by sun damage
As seen in
How MOXI™ Works
A consultation, general medical history, and examination with Dr Barone or one of the EVOLV professional providers as well as review of photos and discussion of each patient’s goals will help determine if you are an appropriate candidate of MOXI™ laser treatment in Toledo. A recommended and individualized treatment plan and costs as well as a medical skin care preparation regimen will be suggested. Preparing the skin prior to MOXI™ or any laser treatment is essential to provide the best outcomes and to avoid complications.
You will meet with the EVOLV nurse practitioner or Dr. Barone prior to your first treatment to review pre and post-treatment recommendations and skin care plans and instructions.
On the day of your first MOXI™ treatment, we will instruct you to wash your face and then apply the prescription numbing cream to the treatment area before coming to the office to be most comfortable for the treatment.
Get comfortable…. when you arrive at the office, you will be taken to the procedure room. In some cases, your EVOLV provider may reapply your anesthetic cream if needed. Once in the laser treatment room and after a final review of plans, your face will be cleansed and the MOXI™ treatment performed which typically takes less than 30 minutes depending on the extent and area treated. During treatment, we may use a cold air chiller for additional comfort.
Immediately after treatment, a medical grade sunscreen will be applied, final instructions given, and questions answered. Sun avoidance or sun protection is essential for the first few weeks after MOXI™ as well as any skin laser treatment. Specific instructions for your post treatment skincare program will also be reviewed.
You may notice some redness and mild swelling for a few days. You can apply makeup 24 hours post-treatment and we recommend a medical grade mineral-based makeup to speed recovery and avoid unexpected sensitivities. You can resume exercise and normal activities immediately after 24 hours as well. We will schedule a post-treatment appointment to review your results, take post follow up photos, and answer any additional questions as well as to discuss a long-term skincare and treatment program.
What Our Patients Are Saying
I can’t brag enough about this doctor and staff, they make you feel like family the moment you walk in the door. They take time to explain everything step by step as needed to you, they don’t rush you, let’s just some it up THEY CARE I will be back for many more things to come… Thank You
I was so happy to finally find someone that would accept the challenge I presented. Heavy radiation caused massive scarring and disfigurement. I did not expect too much, considering what was left to work with. Dr. Barone did a wonderful job, far exceeding my hopes.
Wonderful staff and an awesome experience, I would recommend highly.
Exceptional and professional service. Very friendly staff! Took time as much as I needed and answer all my questions. I felt very comfortable with the procedure and follow up. Definitely coming back!
I have had nothing but exceptional results from eVolv Plastic Surgery. Best team of professionals out there for all your cosmetic needs.
Dr. Barone is a skilled, professional surgeon who is very concerned with aesthetics based on your own body. He will not try to “make you look like so and so”. He takes your ethnicity, skin, and shape to create the best “you” possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
At EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics, we believe that a highly educated and experienced physician or provider is paramount in providing safe and consistent treatments to our patients.
That is why we promote ongoing education and are committed to completing in-depth training on each treatment and injectable product to ensure safe and effective application and outcomes.