About this Treatment
PRF and PRP Treatment
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) are concentrates obtained from each individual patient’s own blood that contains high levels of autologous natural growth factors and powerful cells that have been proven in multiple clinical studies to repair, restore, and rejuvenate healthy and younger tissue and cell function. Patients love the idea of utilizing their own cells and the potential to restore a more youthful and healthy appearance.
Both PRP and more recently PRF has been incorporated into many of EVOLV Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics’ proprietary rejuvenation programs for improved healing and rejuvenation, for reducing healing time and inflammation after chemical skin peels, laser, and light therapy, for improving fat grafting outcomes, for microneedling skin treatments and many other aesthetic procedures.
What It Is
PRP stands for ‘platelet rich plasma’ or autologous conditioned plasma and is a concentrate of natural platelets and growth factors obtained from each individual patient’s own blood after centrifugation to remove red blood cells and other factors.
PRF is the term representing ‘platelet-rich fibrin’ and is a second-generation PRP that incorporates white blood cells or leukocytes in a complex matrix natural gel. Like PRP, PRF is also obtained from each patient’s own blood but the unique fibrin matrix of PRF has a more powerful rejuvenating and healing effect due to the higher concentration of natural growth factors and platelets as well as a longer duration of benefit. Both PRP and PRF are 100% natural and obtained by processing each patient’s own blood and do not contain any additives or other human or animal products.
What It Treats
Male and female hair loss
Aging or damaged skin
Under eye and eyelid aging such as dark circles, thin and creepy skin, and volume loss
Inflammation and redness after skin treatments such as chemical peels, laser therapy and micro needling
Improves fat grafting results in surgical procedures
Acne scars or other scars of the face and body
General wound healing
- PRF and PRP are obtained from a blood draw from each individual patient so that the only potential side effects would be temporary minor pain or bruising at the donor site on the arm with the venipuncture
- Since PRP and PRF are obtained by blood draw, no specific anesthetics are required for the donor area at the arm puncture site.
- Younger appearing and healthier skin Reduces the signs of aging in the skin and underlying tissues by promoting new cell production and healthy skin function while reducing inflammation and skin damage from aging and excessive sun exposure.
- Long-term reduction in male and female hair loss while generating new hair growth EVOLV’s scientifically proven programs incorporating microneedling with PRF and PRP along with FDA approved topicals and oral supplements demonstrate long-term reversal of hair loss and rejuvenation of aging hair follicles with new growth and improved scalp health.
- Non-surgical rejuvenation of aging eyelids, under eye circles, and darkness PRF therapy along with non-surgical injectables and EVOLV medical skin care programs can comprehensively restore more youthful and natural eyelid appearance and reduce the signs of aging and sun damage.
- Improve results with fat grafting procedures PRP and PRF can significantly improve viability and enhance fat grafting outcomes in many aesthetic procedures such as breast and/or buttock augmentation (‘Brazilian butt lift’), and fat grafting treatments for facial aging, facelifting, and many other aesthetic treatments.
PRP - Anti-Aging
How PRF and PRP Treatments Work
Schedule an appointment and discuss your goals and concerns with an EVOLV professional. After a focused examination and evaluation, your options will be reviewed, and a comprehensive aesthetic program created. Your EVOLV providers have extensive experience with the many applications and options incorporating both platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and platelet-rich fibrin (PRF). An individualized proposal and quote itemizing all costs and considerations will be provided and discussed along with the treatment plan. Photo documentation and skin analysis are also important parts of your overall evaluation and planning.
On the day of your scheduled procedure, the practitioner will draw a small amount of blood and then place it into a centrifuge for separation and processing. The PRP or PRF will be harvested and placed in a syringe.
The PRP or PRF will then be applied during or following your procedure depending on the type of treatment you have scheduled. The most common applications are following energy micro-needling as well as laser skin rejuvenation treatments, chemical peels, TIXEL skin therapy, or hair rejuvenation treatments. Another very popular and effective option is the use of PRF in lower eyelid rejuvenation in which the PRF will be placed under the eyelid skin with a small cannula. Exosomes are rejuvenating, and anti-inflammatory growth factors and stem cell-derived products that are particularly effective and exciting and are often combined with PRP and PRF for more powerful results and reduced recovery time. If you are scheduled for a fat grafting procedure PRP is typically recommended and added to the grafts to improve graft ’take’ and reduce swelling and recovery time.
Following your office procedure and the application of PRP or PRF, you will be given specific post-treatment instructions to enhance your treatment results and reduce swelling and downtime. A follow-up appointment will also be scheduled along with instructions for your medical skin care plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
It is important to remember that the training and experience of your plastic surgeon and staff are the most important criteria for achieving safe and natural appearing results with PRP/Stem Cell Injections.
Patient safety and natural appearance results are the major priority for every procedure at EVOLV Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics.
In addition to plastic surgery residency and achieving board certification, Dr. Barone completed advanced fellowship specialty training and research in cosmetic and aesthetic surgery and medicine. Dr. Barone is an active member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) which admits only board-certified plastic surgeons who have achieved recognition and expertise in aesthetic surgery and medicine. Dr. Barone has conducted clinical research, published numerous articles, and served as a lecturer and instructor for other plastic surgeons and companies.
All major cosmetic surgical procedures at EVOLV Plastic Surgery are performed only in a fully accredited surgical center with experienced and licensed staff. Candidates considering PRP/Stem Cell Injections at EVOLV are thoroughly evaluated and fully informed and prepared for the procedure. Both pre-and post-operative education and guidance along with specific therapeutic services to reduce swelling and downtime are emphasized to improve safety and outcomes and to reduce potential complications.