About this Treatment
SkinTyte in Toledo is a state-of-the-art light therapy treatment to non-surgically improve the appearance of loose or sagging skin.
SkinTyte uses a BroadBand (BBL™) platform device which is the world’s most powerful and versatile pulsed light technology. SkinTyte treatments firm skin laxity, are safe for all skin types, and can be performed on any area of the body where an improvement in the appearance of loose skin is desired.
What It Is
Sciton’s SkinTyte II is a recently developed and FDA cleared skin tightening technology that utilizes advanced infrared light energy along with wavelength filters tailored to each patient’s skin type to deliver heat to the deep layers of the skin. The result of this advanced energy delivery is stimulation of collagen and elastin production resulting in reduced fine lines and laxity as well as firmer and more toned tissue. SkinTyte II is the most recently released upgrade and can be safely and effectively utilized to treat all skin types and on any area of the body. With no need for topical anesthetics or pain medication, the infrared energy is delivered in rapid, gentle pulses to promote firming and contraction by stimulating the body’s own natural healing response.
What It Treats
Fine lines and laxity of the face and neck
Loose or sagging skin of any area of the body including arms, legs, abdomen, trunk and buttocks, or any area of the body
Can be added on after other treatments such as MOXI or BBL to improve overall results
- The SkinTyte II treatment time will depend on the number and size of the areas treated…. typically, 30-45 min per area.
- SkinTyte II is a non-invasive skin treatment and there is no downtime or recovery. If SkinTyte therapy is added on to another service such as MOXI or BBL, it does not extend or prolong the recovery process.
- SkinTyte II treatments are well tolerated and usually do not require any type of topical anesthetic or pain medication. The treatment feels like a warm stone massage and if there is any concern or discomfort, then appropriate pain medication or other options such as a cold air chiller or nitrous oxide (Pro-Nox) can be considered.
- Improvement in skin tone and firmness of the neck and jawline. The rapidly and gently delivered infrared energy heating the deeper skin layers results in stimulation of collagen and elastin production and improved microcirculation and progressive firmness and tightening over 3-4 months.
- Moderate reduction in fine lines due to skin laxity
- Moderate improvement in skin elasticity (especially if combined with an EVOLV medical skincare plan)
- Moderate improvement in skin tone and firmness in any body area (arms, abdomen, and legs, etc.)
- More youthful appearance to the treated area of the skin in any body area progressively improving over 4 months.
How SkinTyte Works
Consultation: as with any aesthetic procedure, EVOLV believes that a thorough history and evaluation, as well as an open discussion of each patient’s goals, are essential to the best and most consistent results. Pre and post-treating the skin with a focused and individualized medical skincare plan is also important in optimizing outcomes with SkinTyte treatments.
The SkinTyte II treatment is performed in the office procedure room and rarely requires any anesthetic or pain medication. A series of light pulses will be repeated over the treatment area to ensure best results. While the face and neck can typically be completed within 20-30 minutes, the actual time will depend on the size of the area treated. If there is any discomfort, a cold air chiller, nitrous oxide gas, or other pain relief option can be used as needed.
No special aftercare is required following the SkinTyte treatment, however as always, you should protect your skin from direct sun exposure and use a medical grade sunscreen as with any aesthetic procedure. Your EVOLV provider will give you specific instructions on your skincare plan post treatment to continue improvement and longevity of your more youthful skin. Follow up or maintenance treatments needed will vary from patient to patient and will be based on your preexisting condition and on the level of improvement you desire.
What Our Patients Are Saying
I can’t brag enough about this doctor and staff, they make you feel like family the moment you walk in the door. They take time to explain everything step by step as needed to you, they don’t rush you, let’s just some it up THEY CARE I will be back for many more things to come… Thank You
I was so happy to finally find someone that would accept the challenge I presented. Heavy radiation caused massive scarring and disfigurement. I did not expect too much, considering what was left to work with. Dr. Barone did a wonderful job, far exceeding my hopes.
Wonderful staff and an awesome experience, I would recommend highly.
Exceptional and professional service. Very friendly staff! Took time as much as I needed and answer all my questions. I felt very comfortable with the procedure and follow up. Definitely coming back!
I have had nothing but exceptional results from eVolv Plastic Surgery. Best team of professionals out there for all your cosmetic needs.
Dr. Barone is a skilled, professional surgeon who is very concerned with aesthetics based on your own body. He will not try to “make you look like so and so”. He takes your ethnicity, skin, and shape to create the best “you” possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
At EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics, we believe that a highly educated and experienced physician or provider is paramount in providing safe and consistent treatments to our patients.
That is why we promote ongoing education and are committed to completing in-depth training on each treatment and injectable product to ensure safe and effective application and outcomes.