About this Treatment
EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics in Toledo now offers the industry standard in radio frequency energy delivery.
Micro or skin ‘needling’ is a non-surgical skin treatment that utilizes and stimulates the natural rejuvenating powers of the skin tissues to restore healthy cell function, improve skin tone and youthfulness, and even improve scarring. Microneedling is often combined with topical growth factors or other medical skin care products as well as performed with radio frequency (RF) energy (Infini Genius) to improve and enhance results.
What It Is
Microneedling refers to the use of tiny needles to make micro punctures in the skin surface at different depths to stimulate the comprehensive powers of natural wound healing and to also improve topical skin care product penetration. Skin needling may be done at variable depths. ‘Cosmetic’ micro-needling refers to more superficial penetration in the outer skin layers and can improve cell function and appearance as well as increase topical product absorption. ‘Dermal’ microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, refers to needling into the deeper layers of the skin (the dermis), and can significantly increase collagen, elastin, and growth factor production, and also improve scars on the skin surface. Combining topical products such as growth factors or platelet-rich plasma with microneedling can result in more dramatic and impactful overall improvement. Micro-needling can be done not only on the face and neck, but anywhere on the body to improve skin health, tone, and youthfulness.
What It Treats
General Skin Aging
Fine Lines and Wrinkles
Sagging and Loss of Elasticity
Skin Dullness and Irregular Pigmentation
Poor Skin Texture and Tone
Acne and Other Skin Scars
- 45 minutes
- 2-5 days
- Topical anesthetic recommended & preparatory skin care
- Healthier and More Youthful Appearing Skin Microneedling combined with topical growth factors and clinical proven skin care products can significantly improve cell function, stimulate repair and new growth, improve barrier function, and rejuvenate the skin.
- Reduction in Fine Lines, Pores, and Wrinkles The stimulation of deeper microneedling increases collagen and elastin production and naturally firms and improves the tone of the skin.
- Improved Texture, Tone, and Color Improved cell and skin barrier function results in rejuvenated skin appearance, more even color and a youthful glow because of optimized cell function.
- Reduction in Scars and Stretch Marks The stimulation natural wound repair and regenerative powers of the body induced by micro needling and topical products synergistically enhance cellular growth and collagen/elastin production which can naturally improve the appearance of acne and other scars as well as stretch marks.
- Reduction in Hair Loss and Hair Rejuvenation EVOLV is the first practice in the region to offer hair restoration treatment with clinically proven growth factors combined with RF micro needling (Infini Genius) to reduce hair loss and significantly increase new hair growth and thickness.
How Microneedling Works
Comprehensive skin evaluation with an experienced EVOLV provider will be done to discuss your goals and determine if micro-needling with topicals or RF micro-needling (Infini Genius) is right for you and to discuss recovery time and costs. Photo documentation and VISIA Complexion analysis may also be done. We will then implement a personalized skin care program based on your skin type and planned procedure to treat preexisting conditions and be sure that we ideally prepare your skin for the treatment in order to provide optimal outcomes from your micro needling.
On the day of your treatment, you will come to the office and your provider will meet with you for final discussion. If you are planning deeper micro-needling or collagen induction therapy, you will be instructed to apply a topical numbing cream at home or in the office for 1 hour before treatment. RF micro-needling with growth factors for hair regeneration is more superficial and rarely requires topical numbing creams.
Your EVOLV-licensed aesthetician or registered nurse will remove the topical anesthetic, cleanse the skin, and then begin the treatment. If you are scheduled to have PRP with your micro-needling, blood will be drawn and processed for the PRP. Topical growth factors and other proven medical skin care products may also be utilized depending on the goals of the treatment. A certified registered EVOLV nurse performs Infini Genius RF micro-needling in the office procedure room.
At the completion of your treatment, your provider will apply a bioactive growth factor or medical topical to enhance the rejuvenation process and improve healing. We will give you specific instructions for home care and follow-up.
Patients will return to the office at a scheduled time after the procedure for their first visit to evaluate the treated areas and adjust skin care as needed. Your EVOLV-licensed aesthetician or clinical nurse will also be directly involved in your pre and post-treatment care. It is extremely important to follow up with all scheduled post-treatment appointments because the skin care regimen of the treated areas of the face is an essential factor in achieving the best results and reducing the chance of any unexpected reactions or complications.
What Our Patients Are Saying
Everyone is so nice in the office and knowledgeable. They want your face and skin to look and feel as great as you do!
Yes, I was highly satisfied with my experience. Julie is always great. I had microneedling and appears like my saggy neck skin is a little tighter.
I was so happy to finally find someone that would accept the challenge I presented. Heavy radiation caused massive scarring and disfigurement. I did not expect too much, considering what was left to work with. Dr. Barone did a wonderful job, far exceeding my hopes.
Wonderful staff and an awesome experience, I would recommend highly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your Safety Matters.
At EVOLV Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics, we believe that a highly educated and experienced physician or provider is paramount in providing safe and consistent treatments to our patients.
That is why we promote ongoing education and are committed to completing in-depth training on each treatment and injectable product to ensure safe and effective application and outcomes.