Happy New Year and Welcome to the New Decade!
All of us at evolv Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics want to wish everyone a Healthy and Happy New Year! We also hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful and joyous holiday with your families and friends. As we ‘ring out the old, and bring in the new’, it’s an excellent time to mention some of the very exciting and recently released, research-based technologies and products now available or soon to be introduced at evolv that we believe will be shaping the future of aesthetics.
– Non-Surgical Body Sculpting: The unique and synergistic benefits of combining muscle toning, excess fat reduction and skin health improvement will have the greatest impact on body contouring treatments because of more lasting, comprehensive and natural-appearing results. BTL Aesthetics revolutionary electromagnetic energy technology Emsculpt tones and develops muscle while the Vanquish ME reduces excess overlying fat resulting in greater benefits for patients. Topical medical skincare programs with recently developed growth factors (ZO Growth Factor Serum, Alastin Body Transform and Defenage Bioserum) and improved applications with micro-needling (Environ) technology achieving optimal skin tone will further enhance longevity and results.
– Hair Rejuvenation with Stem Cell Bioregenerative Technology: reversing hair loss and stimulating long-lasting new growth by activating and utilizing each patient’s own stem cells is the future of hair regeneration for men and women. Stem cells can now be harvested from any patient’s subcutaneous fat and used to ‘supercharge’ fat grafts and platelet-rich plasma (PRP). Recently exciting research from Lutronic has revealed that high concentrations of growth factors and biomimetic protein signaling factors (Kerafactor Serum) can be produced synthetically and used to stimulate all 4 stages of the hair life cycle. Clinical studies have proven that combining Kerafactor with the radiofrequency micro-needling (Lutronic Infini Genius) can result in significant and long-lasting increases in all stages of hair growth and reverse hair loss.
– Advanced LED Light Therapy: evolv Medical Aesthetics is excited to announce the opening of the first LED total body light therapy treatment LightStim MultiWave. The LightStim is an FDA cleared patented technology that simultaneously emits multiple wavelengths of therapeutic LED red light. This unique energy is painless and relaxing but has been proven to increase blood circulation, reduce chronic inflammation and pain, stimulate collagen and elastin rejuvenating the skin, improve wound healing, lower blood pressure and increase a sense of well-being and energy. Peer-reviewed studies have confirmed benefits for pre- and post-treatment patients, reducing downtime and swelling, lowering blood pressure and increasing energy while improving mood and affect. We plan to incorporate LightStim treatment into the majority of patient treatment programs and as a standalone therapeutic option.
– Cryotherapy: There are many clinical studies documenting the multiple advantages of utilizing cold or therapeutic low temperatures in a variety of inflammatory conditions. The basic problem has been the lack of a proven and reliable technology that can deliver cryotherapy efficiently and safely. That is why evolv is excited to introduce the Frozen-C Cryotherapy to our aesthetic practice. By utilizing real-time temperature monitoring as well as proprietary technology, the Frozen-C can deliver medically therapeutic levels of extreme cold safely. Proven benefits include reduction of inflammatory skin conditions such as acne and rosacea, reduction in large pores, increased oxygen and blood flow to treatment areas, reduction in redness and post-procedure swelling, and improvement in skin texture and tone. Frozen C Cryotherapy facial treatments are quick, efficient and have no downtime. Another beneficial application of the Frozen-C treatment is a very effective anesthetic effect reducing discomfort in injectable, laser, microneedling and other procedures.
– ZO Firming Serum and Growth Factor Serum Studies: Who cares about another study on a skincare product? We do! Particularly when these clinical studies use scientifically valid measurements and criteria which is why these 2 products are so exceptional and unique. The just-released ZO Firming Serum study revealed that 97% of participants experienced an improvement in skin firmness after 12 weeks of use and 93% showed a reduction in skin sagging all measured by objective criteria which are truly game-changing in the skincare arena. Additionally, ZO Growth Factor Serum was evaluated in a separate study (in which Dr. Barone was a study investigator) combining both objective measurement analysis and subjective evaluation and found that over 90% of participants experienced significant improvement in texture, smoothness and overall skin appearance. In our experience these state-of-the-art medical skincare products provide optimal skin health and age reducing improvements backed by clinical research.
At evolv Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics, we are dedicated and passionate about finding the most effective, safe and research-supported products, services and procedures for our patients. We hope you will stop by and speak with one of our aesthetic professionals to learn more about these exciting options. We also look forward to utilizing these products and technologies in our customized aesthetic programs to achieve the optimal result for each and every patient.
Thank you again for your support and interest throughout the year and we look forward to an exciting and healthy 2020!
Frank Barone MD FACS