As women’s bodies age and go through birth and menopause, their pelvic floor muscles are affected. Laxity in pelvic floor muscles can have a negative impact on women’s intimate health and even their confidence. Intimate health and wellness are not always spoken about, so women may be unaware there is a new device that can help. Emsella is a device that helps women improve their sexual intimacy issues so they can get back to living their life.
What is The Emsella Chair?
The BTL Emsella Chair, or Emsella Chair, is a device on the market that is designed to treat pelvic floor laxity in women. It uses electromagnetic technology to send pulses of energy into the whole pelvic floor region. This causes the muscles to contract thousands of times during a 28-minute treatment session.
Much like any other muscle group, the contractions help the pelvic muscles become stronger and less slack over time. The vaginal walls are tightened, and the pelvic organs have more support. This leads to a reduction or complete end to urinary incontinence.
Why Is This Treatment Revolutionary?
When it comes to treating incontinence, there used to be a few options:
- Incontinence garments
Emsella is in a league of its own in treating incontinence and intimate health and wellness for women because:
- It’s non-invasive
- Patients remain dressed for the treatment
- No downtime
- Clinically effective
- Safer than surgery for most women
Instead of needing to go through an invasive procedure, with Emsella women can receive the benefits and improved quality of life starting from their very first Emsella treatment.
Who Is A Candidate For This Treatment?
Emsella is safe for almost any woman who is experiencing a decreased quality of life due to incontinence and lax pelvic muscles.
You should not get Emsella treatments if you:
- Have a pacemaker
- Have a defibrillator implanted
- Have a neurostimulator implanted
- Have medical conditions that cause hemorrhaging
- Are currently undergoing anticoagulation therapy
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Things To Know About Treatment
If you are considering Emsella treatment, there are a few things to know, such as:
- You may feel tingling and muscle contractions during the treatment session
- Treatment sessions last 28-minutes
- Treatment courses typically range from six to ten sessions in order to receive full results
- You can go back to normal daily activities immediately after treatment
- You may be able to see improvement after one session, and results will get better over time
The best way to get started on learning more about Emsella and how it works is by speaking with a professional. They will be able to walk you through the procedure as well as let you know if this is the best-recommended option for your needs.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are considering Emsella treatments, you can call our team at Evolv Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics today to schedule a consultation. We help each patient to feel comfortable and confident with the treatments that we offer at our Toledo office. Dr. Barone works with each patient personally to help them find the best treatments for their needs. Contact us today by phone or by filling out an online form.