Improving overall patient experience and safety have always been a fundamental priority and focus here at EVOLV Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics in Toledo. With that in mind, intravenous (IV) therapy and wellness is quickly becoming a very hot topic of interest in medical aesthetics because of its potential to enhance overall patient results and reduce recovery time in both aesthetic surgery and nonsurgical procedures.
Most of us maintain a constant state of dehydration and depleted nutrients with our busy lifestyles and compromised diets that can result in longer recovery time and less than optimal outcomes from any medical treatment. In addition, many patients have less than ideal GI function that reduces absorption of nutrients and supplements. Studies show that less than 15-30% of oral vitamins and supplements are absorbed in addition to the loss of activity for antioxidants and other unstable nutrients taken orally. IV infusion therapy provides an opportunity for essentially 90-100% uptake in the body of hydration fluids, vitamins, minerals and nutrients without the potential negative side effects or irritation from the GI tract.
What is IV infusion therapy?
IV infusion provides a quick and convenient infusion of balanced fluids, essential vitamins, minerals, and other medications that have been clinically proven to quickly restore hydration and optimize healing and recovery. This treatment is an exciting option that can restore vitamin and mineral balance and provide beneficial levels of powerful antioxidants and other nutrients that have been research proven to contribute to optimal wellness and recovery both before and after treatment. Commonly known as an effective treatment for hangovers and fatigue, IV therapy provides many other benefits including an immune boost for energy and healing, detoxification after anesthesia or illness, and even enhancing weight loss programs. With its growing interest and popularity, it is also important to remember that IV therapy is also a medical treatment and one that requires proper licensing, supervision, experience, and expertise, and especially safety regulations and guidelines.
Here is a brief look at few of the IV vitamins utilized and their clinically proven benefits:
- Vitamin D is essential for immune system function, wound healing, calcium absorption and bone health, and many other critical areas of optimal health.
- There is a high prevalence of Vitamin D deficiency in the U.S. population, in obese individuals, in those with chronic illness and inflammatory disorders, and in those with compromised gut function.
- Restoring optimal Vitamin D levels can reduce inflammation and recovery time following surgical and non-surgical procedures.
- Essential for optimal skin health and function as well as collagen production.
- Key antioxidant in reducing inflammation and damage from free radicals and subsequent general aging.
- Fundamental in immune system function and fighting infection.
- Improves sleep quality and can aid in reducing symptoms of depression and migraine headaches.
- Boosts energy and improves athletic performance.
- May provide a boost in energy and mood.
- Important in cell health and nerve function
- Aids in improving muscle strength.
- One of the most powerful and effective antioxidants in reducing inflammation, cell damage, and recovery time from procedures
- Can improve sleep, energy, and mental clarity.
- Aids in fat metabolism and weight loss programs.
For all the above reasons, EVOLV has decided to partner with Zen IV Infusion, one of the most experienced and original IV therapy innovators of this treatment program. Zen IV Infusion is part of a licensed medical practice and was developed by a board-certified plastic surgeon and his professional staff and has extensive experience in applications of IV therapy for aesthetic patients. The extensive research and experience from Zen Infusion has revealed that proper IV infusion therapy can help patients achieve more rapid healing, enhance results, and most importantly optimize the overall aesthetic experience.
All of us at EVOLV are excited to introduce the option of IV therapy to our holistic aesthetic patient programs to improve safety and maximize outcomes, reduce recovery time, and most importantly, improve the overall patient experience.
Please stop by or call any of our staff professionals at EVOLV if you would like to learn more about the exciting options and benefits of IV infusion therapy!
Frank Barone MD FACS