Fall in Love with Healthy Skin
All of us at evolv Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics would like to welcome you to the Holiday Season!
November is National Healthy Skin Month, and achieving and maintaining optimal skin health is something we strongly believe in and practice every day at evolv. Our skin health is often neglected or taken for granted with our hectic schedules particularly during the holidays. In honor of National Healthy Skin Month, here are a few interesting facts to consider:
– The skin is the largest organ in the body, and the average adult has approximately 16-22 square feet of skin weighing around 9-11 pounds.
– The skin surface completely renews itself about every 28 days by constantly shedding dead skin cells (a large part of the dust in your home actually came from your skin surface)!
– Your skin surface is home to millions of bacteria (over 1,000 species) and fungi!
– Healthy skin functions as a very selective barrier to keep out harmful toxins and pathogens while protecting, retaining moisture and regulating temperature.
– The skin is the source of more cancers in humans than all other organs combined…..one in five Americans will be diagnosed with skin cancer in their lifetime, and one person dies of melanoma in the U.S. every hour.
– There are over 60 million Americans living with actinic keratosis, the most common type of pre-cancer of the skin.
– Multiple studies confirm that skin health and youthfulness has a significant impact on self-confidence, overall well-being and quality of life.
At evolv, we have witnessed how improving skin health can positively and powerfully impact the lives of our patients at any age and in many ways. We have also experienced how healthy skin can improve results and patient satisfaction in any cosmetic surgical procedure, as well as any non-surgical aesthetic treatment. Optimal skin health plays an essential role in the comprehensive aesthetic care that we provide for all of our evolv patients.
Personalized medical skin care programs with ZO Skin Health can reduce or prevent many of the signs of aging and restore youthful and ageless skin quality, as well as prevent or reduce the risk of cancer, acne and other inflammatory conditions, treat hyperpigmentation and rosacea.
During the cooler months, dry and dehydrated skin is very common and frustrating but can be effectively controlled or prevented and treated with an individualized skincare plan provided by Dr. Barone or one of our evolv aestheticians.
This Holiday Season we would like to encourage everyone to consider the importance of their skin health and the effect it can have on reducing the risk of cancer, as well as improving quality of life. The reality is that healthy skin takes work, especially as we get older. We encourage you to come in and learn about the many exciting new and affordable options in aesthetic skin services, products and treatments that can achieve results in skin health and youthfulness far beyond most patients’ expectations. We believe in comprehensive, natural-appearing outcomes and long term programs and would like to share these concepts with our patients and their families! So CHEERS from all of us at evolv to your new skin health and younger look!