Just as evolv keeps on evolving – Brilliant Distinctions® by Allergan has released some important product rule changes and new opportunities to earn more Brilliant Distinction Points!
Brilliant Distinctions – Botox Points
New changes in product rules include:
- Members can earn a maximum of 200 points per 90 days, regardless of the treatment area.
- Patients can still receive treatments in various areas within a 90-day period (following safety requirements), but will not earn points on those treatments.
- Rebates and rewards can still be redeemed on eligible Botox® treatments within a 90-day period, however, points will not be earned on those treatments that are within 90 days.
How to Earn More BD Points
Watch videos on the BD website and mobile app!
This is an exciting new way and opportunity for you to earn points, while you learn more about what treatments you’re receiving and explore BD’s program benefits and functionalities. Here are some tips on how to make the best of your BD points!
- Members must be logged in to earn points when watching videos
- Members can earn 20 points per unique video watched and up to 60 points (3 videos) every rolling 12 months
- Points earned from watching videos are non-tier qualifying, but watching videos extends points expiration
Become a Brilliant Distinctions Member
Do you want to become a BD Member? It’s simple to sign up. Click here to get started.
If you have any questions on how to become a Brilliant Distinctions Member or how to maximize the benefits, don’t hesitate to contact our office today for more information!
May is an especially busy time here at evolv Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics. Like all of you, we are anxiously awaiting the return of the sun and warm weather, but in the meantime, here’s what’s happening this month at evolv:
- Many of our staff will be attending the annual American Society of Aesthetics Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting in New York City. This is the premier educational event in aesthetics and plastic surgery bringing together the leading authorities, researchers, companies and products in the world of aesthetic surgery, medicine and skin care. We will be returning with lots of exciting information for our surgical, cosmetic medicine and skin care patients on the latest, state-of-the-art treatments and products so please stop by to learn more.
- We are proud to announce that our very own evolv licensed aesthetician, Lindsay Cole, has been appointed to the Board of the Society of Plastic Skin Care Specialists which is the leading national organization for licensed aestheticians specializing in advanced medical skin care. Congratulations Lindsay on this special honor and achievement!
- Peter Koltz, our evolv associate and board eligible plastic surgeon, has recently published two research articles in the Journal of Plastic Surgery, the leading publication for Plastic Surgeons worldwide. Dr. Koltz is a fellowship-trained plastic surgeon with special expertise in breast reconstruction and microsurgical tissue flap reconstruction. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=koltz+p
- Frank Barone recently returned from Los Angeles where he was personally invited by Dr. Zein Obagi, world-renowned dermatologist, researcher and developer of ZO Skin Health. Dr. Obagi presented an advanced workshop in medical skin care and services that was filmed for physician training seminars. Dr. Barone is a faculty member for ZO Skin Health and physician instructor.
- Last month, we gave you a ‘Hint’ about evolv’s announcement of a revolutionary new aesthetic membership program. We are excited to announce that next month we plan to open the ‘enso club’ at evolv! We realize that you are busy, and we get it. Let us help! evolv’s enso club is an exclusive VIP membership program that is dedicated to helping our patients achieve their best results and outcomes consistently and at the best price possible. What is an ‘enso’ anyways? Remember to ask the next time you are in the office to learn more about a membership. And remember, Aging Beautifully …Is Up to You!
- Mother’s Day is coming soon, Sunday, May 13th. We have some exciting options for our special Moms. Check out our website’s exclusive offers page to make your Mother’s Day gift this year the best yet! https://evolvmedicalaesthetics.com/patient-resources/exclusive-offers/ Let us help you celebrate the wonderful mothers, special women and role models in your life this year!
All of us at evolv would like to honor and congratulate all of the beautiful and life changing mothers that make this world a better place. Wishing all a very Happy Mother’s Day!
-Frank Barone, MD, FACS
Spring is coming … Finally!
Spring is a season of renewal, and this April evolv Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics would like to focus on the importance of medical skin peels to renew and rejuvenate the skin.
Like so many areas of aesthetics, skin resurfacing by medical peels has evolved significantly. The ‘peels of the future’ are now available and this new generation of clinical peel offers some very significant advantages for patients of all ages and all skin types including:
- Stimulation of deep dermal collagen and elastin to restore youthful skin tone
- Improved absorption and efficacy of skin care products
- Reduction of fine lines and ‘age spots’ or hyperpigmentation
- Removal of aged or damaged outer skin cells for a younger looking complexion
- Specialized peels that are proven to reduce skin cancer risk
- Reduced or no ‘down-time’ peels
The natural aging process, menopause, stress and excessive sun damage can all drastically slow down the process of natural exfoliation, or loss of outer surface cells, as well as new collagen production. The result is dry, pigmented, thin and wrinkled skin that is prematurely aged and a significant increase in skin cancer risk.
The new generation of chemical peels from ZO Skin Health Research provides the unique benefits of gentle removal of aged, outer cells and unique deep tissue stimulation which results in replacement and rejuvenation of the skin. Another key benefit is a reduction in skin cancer risk and the restoration of optimal skin health and youthfulness. Many of the fundamental health benefits that we are so passionate about for our patients and families here at evolv can be more effectively achieved with proper skin peels in a medical skin care comprehensive plan.
Because of these fundamental benefits of clinical peeling, for the month of April at evolv we will be featuring all three of our ZO peels as our spotlighted treatments. Not only are there chemical peels promotions this month, but we also have some great value on laser hair removal treatments too!
Interested in learning more about the details of these promotions? Please click on this link https://evolvmedicalaesthetics.com/patient-resources/exclusive-offers/ and learn all about the details and added value we are offering this month to kick off Spring!
At evolv Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics, we believe in balanced, personalized and comprehensive plans to provide the most natural and long-lasting results for our patients at any age.
But despite the many obvious benefits of personalized treatment plans, compliance and consistency can be challenging because of costs and the fact that everyone seems so busy these days. Balanced and natural results require an individualized skin care program and often non-surgical and possibly surgical procedures to achieve optimal and lasting outcomes. And with all the many options in products, services and new technology, choices can be confusing and staying consistent with a regimen very challenging.
For all of the above reasons, we are very excited at evolv to introduce to you a new program that will hopefully begin in May that will offer more affordable and feasible treatment plans for every patient. This new membership and VIP loyalty program will customize every patient’s treatment plan with improved value into one easy payment that can fit each individual lifestyle. The program can be customized and also incorporate all of our aesthetic partners along with their services and products without any restrictions.
The focus is to provide a balanced and personalized program for each patient’s needs and goals that is affordable and encourages consistency.
Please stop by if you would like to learn more. For now, all we can say is that we will give you a ‘HINT’…. so stay tuned!
evolv Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics is beyond excited and proud to announce that two of our licensed aestheticians, Lindsay and Mervat, have been chosen by ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi, MD to be official members of the National 2018 #ZO Crew! The ZO Crew is composed of medical aestheticians with a proven commitment toward educating their patients about the latest products and services for optimal skin health. We are also proud to announce that evolv Medical Aesthetics is the only skincare practice nationally to have two aestheticians chosen! We want to recognize all our aestheticians, nurses and staff who collaborate and work together to make these events possible.
In honor of their achievements, both Lindsay and Mervat will be flown to Beverly Hills to meet and train with the renowned Dr. Obagi, and they also will be appointed to the ZO skincare specialist advisory board! Only 20 winners from across the U.S. were selected to be part of #ZOCrew, which makes this truly a tremendous honor!
Your favorite medical-grade skin care company has partnered up with one of your favorite refreshing treatments!
The superior ZO® Skin Health meets HydraFacial™ technology to bring the HydraFacial Brightalive® Booster. This serum is scientifically designed to brighten your skin and improve the appearance of discoloration, resulting in an instantly glowing complexion.
With the in-office treatment and at-home skincare products, you can have and maintain healthier, smoother skin.
Here at evolv, we believe in everlasting scientifically proven skincare that will leave you looking and feeling younger! With this news, we will be holding an event at our office for a limited amount of patients.
ZO HydraFacial Tuesday
Tuesday, February 6th from 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Schedule a NEW ZO HydraFacial treatment for only $200 SAVE $100 on Tuesday, February 6th and you’ll receive even MORE:
- Receive a complimentary Deluxe Mini ZO® Ossential C-Bright Serum AND be entered to win a prize valued over $1,000
- Have access to exclusive Xeomin offer (Only 20 available)
- Buy one area already $50 off and receive one area FREE
Purchase a package of ZO HydraFacial treatments on February 6th and receive EVEN MORE
- Package of 3 – Valued at $1,080 for ONLY $700 SAVE $380
- Full-Size ZO® Pore Refiner
- 3 Complimentary CooLifting sessions
- Package of 6 – Valued at $2,150 for ONLY $1,325 SAVE $825
- Full-Size ZO® Pore Refiner
- $50 Gift Card towards Skincare Products
- 6 complimentary CooLifting sessions
Must pay a non-refundable $75 deposit in order to reserve your spot. Space is limited, so schedule your ZO HydraFacial treatment now!
Seems like everyone is getting or is interested in getting ‘work done’ these days. The demand and interest in cosmetic or aesthetic surgery, services and products has never been higher as our society works and lives longer and improved technology and techniques offer more natural and effective results. More people of any age are seeking and benefitting from improvement in self-confidence, psychological well-being and quality of life.
But, how do you go about selecting a properly trained and qualified professional for your cosmetic surgery or aesthetic service? What is a “real” plastic surgeon anyway and why should that matter?
The internet has dramatically and forever changed the landscape of our lives, particularly the interaction of health-care consumer (our patients) with providers (medical professionals). Despite growing demand particularly for aesthetic services and products, there has not been a corresponding increase in regulations with regard to who performs aesthetic surgery, dispenses aesthetic products as well as the cost of these services and products. The result of this discrepancy is increased risk and significant safety issues for patients when faced with selecting a medical provider. Can patients really trust that all physicians and professionals offering surgery and aesthetic services are properly trained and qualified? Recent studies and rising complications prove they cannot.
A recent report surveying over 5,000 people in a respected medical journal reveals that a huge majority of consumers…87%… believed that physicians must have special training and credentials to perform these procedures. Many are surprised to find out that they do not.
The study also confirms that the public and ultimately the consumer are confused by the titles ‘plastic surgeon’ or ‘cosmetic surgeon.’ More than half of those surveyed were also not sure about what kind of training is required to become a ‘Board-Certified’ plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon. Confusing medical marketing and unproven claims further magnify the problem for potential patients.
Here are some other interesting results from this recently published survey studying the opinions of over 5,000 people:
- Only 10% of persons surveyed realized that there are no legal requirements for a provider to have adequate training or credentials to perform cosmetic (aesthetic) surgery.
- 4,900 of 5,000 responders falsely believed that the medical system would prevent providers from performing surgery or procedures that they are not trained to perform.
- Over 61% of people surveyed believed that board certification in plastic surgery is a legal prerequisite to perform aesthetic surgery – it is not.
- Most people surveyed did not know the difference between a ‘Board Certified’ plastic surgeon and a ‘Board Certified’ cosmetic surgeon nor did they understand the significant differences in required training for those certifications.
The only official governing body for all recognized medical specialty based certifications is the Aesthetic Board of Medical Specialties. The American Board of Plastic Surgery certification is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties while the “American Board of Cosmetic Surgeons” certification is not because “cosmetic surgery” is not a recognized specialty by the board. Another essential difference is that board eligibility in plastic surgery requires 6 or more years in specialty training while only 1 year is required by the Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
The purpose of this discussion is not a turf battle or to limit another physician’s practice, but rather to educate consumers of aesthetic services on how to appropriately identify qualified providers. The lack of adequate regulation or oversight of medical marketing combined with the lack of awareness by the consumer on the important differences between the training of surgeons performing cosmetic surgery has severely compromised a patient’s ability to choose a properly trained provider. The process of choosing a properly credentialed aesthetic provider is critically important because accumulating evidence indicates that procedures performed by those without appropriate training and qualifications can and do compromise patient care and safely, sometimes with severe or lifelong consequences.
Studies also show that the most important factor in a satisfying a safe aesthetic outcome is not the technology but the ability and training of the provider. The doctor-patient relationship is built on transparency and trust. By educating patients and helping them make informed decisions, we are following the lessons learned in our first days of medical school – ‘primum non nocene’…first do no harm.
Frank Barone, MD, FACS
The Sciton® Laser Technology
What is the most exciting new technology in laser and light skin treatments in years?
On Saturday, February 18th, 2017, Dr. Barone attended a seminar on the innovative and breakthrough options in skin rejuvenation in Dearborn, Michigan. The Sciton’s Halo Fractional Laser Treatment and their proprietary light therapy, called “BBL” or broadband light Forever Young treatment, which has been proven to dramatically reduce the signs of aging for your skin.
The seminar brought together the world’s most experienced and leading physicians on this groundbreaking technology that was proven to reverse skin aging in research studies at Stanford University Medical Center.
Evolv Plastic Surgery & Medical Aesthetics is excited and proud to be the first Toledo-area practice to offer these revolutionary laser and light treatments, making sure you evolv Forever Young. Stay tuned for more information and please contact our office to see what the Sciton Laser can do for you: (419) 720-2008.
Frank E Barone MD, FACS and evolv Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics in Toledo, Ohio, were recently announced as the leading national account in the United States by ZO Skin Health, a worldwide leader in advanced medical skin care products and services.
Dr. Barone, a native Toledoan, is a nationally recognized, board certified Plastic Surgeon and the founder and medical director of evolv, an aesthetic medical practice specializing in surgical and non-surgical patient treatment programs and skin health. ZO Skin Health was founded in 2007 by Dr. Zein Obagi, one of the world’s leading dermatologists and the originator of Obagi Medical Products, as well as a recognized author, researcher and educator in skin health science.
‘We are very honored to be named the top national medical practice for 2016 as well as the last four consecutive years by ZO and Dr. Obagi especially considering their position as the leading innovator and fastest growing professional company in the world in advanced medical skin care products and treatment protocols’ says Dr. Barone. ‘I am especially proud of my entire staff as this achievement is the result of the hard work, dedication, and commitment to patient care by our licensed aestheticians, nurses and support staff’.
‘More than just a number, this recognition and award indicate that our patients in Toledo and Northwest Ohio are leading the country in their commitment to improving their skin health, lowering the risk of skin cancer and disease, and improving youthfulness while reducing the signs of aging. We are experiencing the most remarkable results for our patients with ZO products and protocols in the over 25 years since we started skin care and it is quite exciting’.
Dr Barone feels that these improved results and the popularity of ZO products with his patients are also a result of the unique and innovative bioengineering and technology embraced by the company. ‘ZO is transforming and redefining the field of medical skin care with their science based approach and is also leading the industry in brand protection and anti-diversion policies’ according to Dr. Barone. Dr. Barone also has incorporated ZO medical skin care into all of evolv’s aesthetic programs as a fundamental priority in order to improve patient safety and achieve long lasting and optimal outcomes for patients of any age.
‘We are also very excited about the research and clinical results we are seeing utilizing ZO Skin Health products with comprehensive programs in ‘regenerative medicine’. Regenerative medicine refers to the concept of using a patient’s own components and cell-derived factors such as PRP (‘platelet rich plasma) or blood derived growth factors, fat grafts and stem cells to repair, restore and rejuvenate. I feel that these regenerative medicine concepts will be the future
of aesthetics and the use of ZO’s unique products and protocols for pre-treatment as well as ongoing post-treatment and daily maintenance has dramatically improved safety, outcomes and the longevity of the programs’.
‘We believe in what we do and we are passionate about the power of aesthetics and skin care to improve the quality of life for all of our patients as well as ourselves and families.
I can definitely say that for our practice and our patients as well as ZO Skin Health that ‘You Really Will Do Better in Toledo’!
Looking for the perfect rejuvenation treatment this holiday season? Check out evolv’s holiday express menu and contact evolv today to schedule your consultation!
December 2016 Holiday Express Menu
We are spreading the cheer and joy this season with TWO holiday open house events! Don’t miss out on this remarkable time to get together, have fun, and not to mention, get amazing deals. RSVP on Facebook today!