Dr. Frank Barone is a nationally recognized, board-certified plastic surgeon specializing in natural appearing and balanced aesthetic rejuvenation of the face and body. Dr. Barone began practicing in Toledo in 1988 after completing post-graduate fellowship training and facial surgery at Eastern Virginia Medical School and in breast and aesthetic surgery at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. He is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS), and an active member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), as well as the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
In 1989, Dr. Barone introduced medical skin care to Northwest Ohio, a concept that lead to the creation of evolv Medical Aesthetics, of which he is the founder and medical director. Dr. Barone, along with the professionals at evolv specialize in advanced medical skin care, body therapies and massage, all with the most caring and compassionate touch. Together their mission is developing personalized treatment programs that emphasize balanced, natural appearing and long lasting results.
During his years of practice, Dr. Barone has published numerous studies and has been involved in ongoing clinical medical research in breast implant surgery, aesthetic procedures and medical skin care, as well as teaching and training other plastic surgeons, residents and medical students. He has also been a clinical faculty member at the University of Toledo School of Medicine in the departments of Plastic Surgery, as well as Otolaryngology, and was appointed to the ZO Skin Health faculty by Dr. Zein Obagi in 2014. He has also been an active volunteer surgeon for over 25 years at Operation Smile International and has participated in over 30 international missions to reconstruct facial deformities in children in third world countries.
Dr. Barone and his staff have developed and continue to emphasize a consistent commitment to personalized and compassionate care for each of our patients. Recognizing the individual needs and goals of each patient and maintaining confidentiality and patient privacy are fundamental principles of the practice. We look forward to meeting you and being a part of your journey.
- Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Member, American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Member, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Operation Smile International
- Founder and Medical Director, Operation Smile, Northwest Ohio Chapter
- Faculty, ZO Skin Health
- Clincal Instructor and Teaching Faculty, Allergan Academy
- American Medical Association
- Ohio Valley Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Toledo Surgical Society
- Ohio State Medical Association
Awards & Recognition
Dr. Frank Barone has been voted “Best Plastic Surgeon” in the northwest Ohio area by Toledo City Paper readers multiple times in the past years. This award recognizes the achievements of our surgeon as well as the reputation, compassion, and knowledge of our professional staff.
- 2015 Elected to the Leading Physicians of the World – Doctors of Excellence
- In 2007, Dr. Barone was elected by the Consumers’ Research Council of America as one of “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons” in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
- The 2011 “Healthcare Heroes” award recipient to recognize the extraordinary contributions to healthcare and quality of life in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.
- The National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame honored Dr. Barone as Citizen of the Year in 1999. This award recognizes Dr. Barone’s contribution in leading local and international medical work with children needing reconstructive surgery.
- Dr. Barone was inducted into the St. John’s Jesuit Hall of Fame for achievements in plastic and reconstructive surgery and service to the community.
- In recognition of his service to residents of Northwest Ohio, the International Institute of Toledo granted Dr. Barone the Distinguished Citizenship Award.