According to one leading consumer protection agency, 75% of sunscreens offer inadequate protection, make claims that are false and misleading, or cause accelerated aging. Some of the biggest brands are developing and selling sunscreens that, according to the Environmental Working Group, not only fail, but fail miserably. So how can you know you are safe from a sunburn?
Here is how ZO Skin Health’s Sunscreens are different and can help protect your skin from sunburns: ZO sunscreens not only protect our precious skin cells, but in each of ZO’s 4 sunscreens they provide DNA repair and prevention of future oxidative stressors (which causes premature aging and damage to our DNA). We at Frank Barone MD and evolv Medical Aesthetics are proud of ZO’s meticulously developed sunscreens, and I want to fill you in on the top 5 reasons why!
- Exclusive to ZO, they are formulated with fractionated melanin which ZO Skin Health Sunscreen helps provides protection against HEV light. This natural fractionated melanin is absorbed into the skin and shields against HEV light.
- They are rich in powerful antioxidants that provide daily multi-defense protection which work to fight free radical damage caused by environmental aggressors as well as UVA and UVB.
- Exclusive 12-hour time release antioxidant complex which helps neutralize free radical damage, which leads to inflammation that can lead to pigmentation. So instead of antioxidants getting dumped into the skin all at once, they continuously provide nutrients all day while neutralizing free radicals and encouraging the repair of damaged DNA!
- Enriched with hydrating skin conditioners and lipid restorers, ZO’s sunscreens enhance the skins barrier function to combat and prevent dry, dehydrated skin due to prolonged environmental exposure while encouraging skin to look youthful, soft, and smooth.
- They provide anti-irritant and soothing benefits to help prevent skin redness and inflammation caused by sun exposure that can lead to new skin damage.
Let us help you choose which ZO sunscreen is just right for you!
Oclipse Sunscreen+Primer SPF 30, Oclipse-C SPF 50, Oclipse Sun Spray SPF 50 (for face and body) and Oclipse Smart Tone SPF 50.
In addition to your daily sunscreen it is recommended
that you also use ZO Daily Power Defense that can improve the cancer protection of sunscreens as well as reduce aging changes in the skin. This product contains enzymes that initiate and speed up the repair of DNA and contains antioxidants, hydrators, retinol for skin cell renewal and collagen production acting as a super booster to your sunscreen. Talk about preventative aging!
By Lindsay Cole, Licensed Aesthetician