With 12 years of extensive medical research behind it, the Omnilux system is a valuable tool used to give just about anyone a clearer, brighter and smoother complexion with reduced lines and wrinkles. Using light emitting diode technology, widely known as LED’s, Omnilux uses visible wavelengths of light to work with the body’s own natural processes to counteract the effects of aging and acne.
Omnilux can be used to help treat many skin conditions including:
- Acne and acneic inflammation
- Photodamage (sun damage)
- Non-melanoma skin cancers
- Skin rejuvenation (treat fine lines and wrinkles)
- Pigmentation or discoloration
- Redness and inflammation (post treatment or from rosacea)
- Pain in muscles and joints
Treatment with Omnilux Light Therapy is quick, non-invasive, requires no downtime, and is a low-cost way to improve the skin’s appearance and health. LED Therapy stimulates natural processes to repair the skin, and depending on the skin issues patients may be experiencing, a combination of different lights can be used to:
- Stimulate cells that help to counteract the effects of aging
- Destroy bacteria responsible for acne
- Reduce inflammation
- Stimulate cell growth and collagen production
- Decrease pore size
- Limit oil production
Omnilux Therapy may also be used for a technique called photodynamic therapy, which uses the light in combination with topical medication to reduce precancerous cells called actinic keratoses, or to improve acne and skin aging.
LED Therapy with Omnilux is safe and effective. When following the prescribed protocol, studies have shown 80% of patients report reduction in fine lines and wrinkles and up to 81% clearance in mild to moderate acne.